You’ve probably heard that opposites attract. Apparently, people with different interests, hobbies and positions in life complement each other, bring something new into each other’s lives and broaden their horizons. However, not everything is so simple.
In some cases, differences between partners can be detrimental to relationships:
- Overly conservative opinions of a partner. When one person aspires to complete control over the other, and the second wants to retain complete freedom, this sooner or later leads to a conflict.
- Lack of acceptance of differences. Somehow people have to adjust as a couple. But it doesn’t always work. Because of this, it is sometimes impossible to reach a comfortable compromise for the two.
- Dependence on the opinions of others. This is another very important factor that can greatly affect your relationship. You must learn to distance yourself from the opinions of others and defend your own position.
It turns out that opposites attract, but don’t always get along. So, if you are looking for a companion, we advise you to look for people with whom your interests and position in life are in sympathy. Although it is not an easy task.
Dating on the Internet and respect for nature, are they compatible?
Very compatible! Especially since in recent years, many dating sites and apps have appeared that cater to a “green” audience. We thought we’d simplify your search a bit and compile a list of these services for your reference:
- Vegaia – a popular dating site for vegetarians that has been running since 2008. Signing up here is free and simple – it literally only takes two minutes. According to the developers of Vegaia, there are over 7,000 single vegetarians on the site who are interested in relationships. Of course, this is not as much as, for example, on Tinder or Badoo. But it’s much easier to meet like-minded people here.
- Dolphin — a dating site for nature lovers. In particular, they care about the cleanliness of the world’s oceans. Many people on site are keen on water sports and do their best to keep the planet’s water resources pure. Dolfin is particularly popular with surfers.
- Green Singles — a dating site for eco-activists concerned about our environment. Among the cool features of the site is the ability to choose how to search for a suitable pair – by zip code or location. You can also choose the sexual orientation and age of a potential partner.
- Ecodate — a fairly popular dating site for eco-conscious people who love nature, care about the environment, and want to save the planet for future generations. The site is most popular in the UK, but its reach is gradually expanding.
- EliteSingles – not exactly an eco-friendly site, but definitely worth a visit. A unique intellectual matching algorithm is used here which is able to accurately select the right match for you based on your interests and life values. Especially taking into account your green position. According to the developers, more than 85% of EliteSingles users are people with higher education, so they tend to be more aware and responsible.
- MeetMindful — a meeting platform for people who lead a healthy and green life, who care about the environment, who follow the rules of a conscious diet, etc. Each user can select their areas of interest here for a more precise search for a partner: yoga, personal growth, ecological lifestyle, volunteering, conscious eating, creativity, etc.
This is just a small part of the online dating services created for people with eco-friendly lifestyles and those looking for like-minded people. Although many of them cannot boast an audience of millions, it is still possible to find the perfect match here. Even better, these sites are geared towards finding like-minded people and friends with similar interests. For example, to join your eco-project that needs support. But if your goal is simply to find promising matches, it may be worth considering alternatives.
Should we limit ourselves to the classic format of online dating?
No, we are convinced that it is not worth it. There are several reasons for this in the context of our topic today:
- On dating sites and apps, people often embellish their profiles and give each other the “right” interests and lifestyle, just to please others. In fact, it often turns out to be an outright lie.
- The audience for “green” dating services is quite small. By using such platforms, you severely limit your potential social circle. As a result, you reduce the chances of a successful and promising interaction.
- The functionality of such sites, as a rule, is very poor. A small audience means a small income. It is simply not profitable for developers to actively develop new features. Adding video chat and other handy features is usually out of the question.
You can use “green” dating sites and apps, but you definitely shouldn’t focus solely on them. If you want to expand your social circle, get to know your chat partners better and meet new people every day, look for an alternative. One of the best options is random video chat.
Random Chat: Changing the Idea of Online Dating
The first random video chat sites started appearing in 2009. These were Omegle and Chatroulette. They allowed random users to communicate via video, chat about almost any topic, get to know each other and then meet in real life to develop relationships offline.
Subsequently, the format became extremely popular and the number of random video chats increased tenfold. Some of the most famous sites today include Chatrandom, EmeraldChat, Chatspin, Bazoocam and coomeet.com/chatrandom.
Random video chat has several important advantages over dating sites:
- Quick registration or even possibility to use the platform without registration.
- Convenient search filters to find other users and unlimited skips (switching).
- Live video communication – as close as possible to a conversation in real life.
By chatting with a person in a random chat, you can learn a lot more about their interests, values, hobbies, way of speaking, etc. And believe us, if they really care about nature rather than pretending to, you will find out very quickly.
Expand your dating site choices
We are convinced that all formats of meeting and communication on the Internet have the right to exist. And we always say that a wide choice of dating platforms is a plus. But it’s important to understand that they’re all very different and their audience can be very different as well. Depending on your personal preferences, interests and goals, you should choose the most suitable sites for you.
Do not limit yourself to only thematic sites and applications – try to expand your circle of potential acquaintances. You’ll be surprised how many interesting people you can meet on the web if you change your search format a bit. We hope that you will find only pleasant encounters on the Internet and complete happiness!